Share this Blog

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Great American Smoke Out November 18, 2010

I was a closet smoker. I would smoke my cigarette in the car on my way to the gym before and after my workout.

One of the reasons it was so hard for me to get off cigarettes was because I was so hard on myself. I would tell myself I should be able to just stop smoking. The worst was when I use to tell myself I can just have one. Both not true.

I realized I couldn't do it on my own. I had to find a gentler way to heal from all the abuse I was putting in to my body. I also had to feel which was the scariest thing of all. Instead of having my feelings I would say I could just have one cigarette. It didn't work. The truth of the matter feelings are not facts and they all pass.

I'm grateful for putting down cigarettes with the help of my peers...people like myself who were hard core smokers who know how hard it is to quit when you don't want to. You just need to be willing. I challenge you to try on November 18 The Great American Smoke Out as the day you quit smoking. Take it one day at a time , one hour, one minute. If you'd like to know more of what I'm putting down email me on the side. :)

Below a video with the folks that helped me on my journey to quit smoking.

No comments: