Share this Blog

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Process of Creating a Solo Show # 2

Last I left off my experience at the Public Papp Theater. So I knew that is what I wanted to do. I didn't know how I was going to do that, I'm just saying that is what I wanted to do. I could say it was also around 10 years old when I use to perform old Rosana Dana skits for my parents and then recreate the commercials from 1978, 1979. Spic and Span, Tide, but it was really after watching Anna Deavere Smith. I also got to see John Leguizamo in Mambo mouth. I know to wait outside of the theater a little bit to the right or left of the entrance where the performers will eventually come out to go back to their normal lives. John jumped out the door with rollarblades and speed off into the city streets. I got no time to get my playbill signed, but I still thought it so cool that he was wearing his jeans and a tshirt like everybody else and he really seemed to be like everybody else, he was just telling his story 20 minutes before to a live audience of about 500 people. He also happen to sit next to me at the Manderian Chinese restaurant on Beverly Blvd. in Los Angeles 5 years late, but I just kept eating my food and never said a word. I so wanted to say, Hi John, I saw you in New York, but I didn't and I didn't regret it, I just might get to see him again and tell him how I am a great fan of his. I just might get to say what a great inspiration he has been for me.

No comments: